Friday, February 18, 2011

Call me Dr. Lee

I am getting pretty good at self-diagnosing my kids. First it was Cooper with RSV this week and now Cameron.

He developed a runny nose late Wednesday into Thursday so I had plans on bringing him into the doctor today. Well last night was bad! He doesn't sleep great anyway, but it was much worse than usual. This morning he woke up pain screaming, he laid in our arms most of the morning. Of course the doctor walks in and gives me this look like, oh no. I tell her I think we are safe for rsv but I'm pretty sure he has an ear infection. Sure enough the left ear is bulging red. This pain associated with ear infections is new to me, you could never tell with Cooper. She went ahead and tested for rsv and it was negative, I'm hoping the antibiotic will help prevent him from getting it. I know you can't use medicine to treat rsv but at least he is protected. Plus Cooper's is getting better.

We are two down and one to go before tubes. I asked her if he gets another can we put a call into an ENT. We might even do it if the antibiotic doesn't work. With Steve's and Cooper's history of ear problems and Cooper's speech delay, I don't want to take the risk. I would much rather do the procedure than see my child in that much pain. It really puts things into perspective. I have been so down about his sleeping lately. I'm exhausted. Now I just want to sit and cuddle him all night cause I know he is hurting.

We got back in two week for a check of his ears and two weeks after for his 6 month check up. Good thing I like our pediatrician.

5 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

hang in there!! he can stay the night with us and you can get some sleep. really! i don't mind one bit!! my boys would love it! :)

Jaime Mac said...

Poor little guy! (& momma too!) You should def try to get some kind of discount from that doctor visit - you diagnosed him yourself! :)

Susie said...

Sorry to hear about Cameron. know he mus be in pain. Poor Baby!! Hope he gets well soon so you can get some rest.

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

I feel your pain.... so sorry girlie...

ginmommy said...

This too shall pass. It really will.