Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

I have another bad mom confession. I didn't get my children anything for Valentine's Day! I know, I'm horrible. Truth is I never got the chance to go out without them to buy them anything. Cameron would have been okay but Cooper notices everything. I tried my best to make it up to them, I'm sure you can tell they are just so pitiful.

I made Cooper's favorite this morning- sausage. Cameron got some prunes, he has been having some bowel issues. Here is before.

And after.
I made my annual red velvet cake balls. Cooper was eating the crumbs I dropped on the floor.
Pitiful I tell ya, just pitiful.
Sometime after this picture was taken I dropped my camera on the floor. I didn't think too much about it until Cameron woke up from his nap and I went to take a picture of both of them in the crib. That is when I noticed my camera would not turn on. I can hear the collective gasps now. It's not the battery, it had recently been charged and I re-charged it today to make sure. It's broke. We do still have our old camera and it does work, of course the batteries to that are dead, it was awesome 6 1/2 years ago when it was given to us as a wedding gift but now it's a tad outdated. I must get a new one soon! That makes a water heater, washing machine, and camera so far in 2011 that needed replacing.
Back to today, I made a homemade Valentine for Steve. Totally stole this idea from Jill.
Did I get a picture? Of course not!!! Once Steve got home we went to eat at none other than, drum roll please, Puerto Vallarta. My favorite!!!
Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day. Remember, you don't need a special day to tell someone you love them.


3 comments:

ginmommy said...

You are a horrible mom, who needs her children taken away from her ;-) Don't beat yourself up, I just got my kids a tiny box of chocolate. That sucks about your camera!!! UGH.

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

don't feel bad!! my kids are so spoiled that i couldn't think of anything to get them. now that's pitiful! we just bought them candy! just what they needed!

Tracey said...

Gasp. You are horrible. ;)
I love the little happy prune face!! Oh, and that Cooper is eating off the floor. Cute!!
Sad about your camera!!