Thursday, September 30, 2010

God's plans are not our own

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Jeremiah 29:11


I guess I can no longer ignore the elephant in the room. I have been for over a month now but we are down to the wire, less than 48 hours and this lovely couple will be gone.

Okay, so I guess gone is the wrong word. Bowling Green is only 2 hours away, but it's still feel like it's gone.

I don't really know what to say. I mean this is something we have all been praying for but as we all know God doesn't always answer our prayers the way we think. Sometimes it's a no, sometimes it's a yes, and sometimes it's a "I wasn't expecting that".

Gretchen, I know this is a great opportunity for you and Paul! I can't put into words how much I am going to miss you. Miss our playdates, Diet Cokes from McDonald's, girl's night, The Pie Kitchen! I am so thankful we have become so close over the past couple of years.

Like I said above, I have been praying for a blessing like this for you two. But, God's plans are not our own. He will see you through this just as He has seen you through the past couple of years.






6 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

awww!! what a sweet post! :)

ginmommy said...

Ummm, I cannot stop crying!!!! WOW!!! I'm so glad we've become close. I remember when we first met, and I honestly never would have thought in a couple years, we would be hanging on a regular basis!! It's been so fun, getting to know you, and watching you become a mommy, and learning about your family, and laughing our heads off, and everything else!! I'm gonna miss you. Thanks for such a thoughtful post. Love you.

Jill said...

GREAT post! ;)

Tracey said...

Well, make a girl cry!!! When I saw the title, I was like "OH CRAP!" ;) What a super sweet post. We're all going to miss them.

Jaime Mac said...

LOVE the scripture at the top. I struggle w/ that - having the faith to let God drive & not me.

WOW, JLL, just WOW. VERY touching post...I'm speechless...

Mrs. Wesely said...

This is so sweet!! Gretchen, I don't know you very well but I have heard so much about you through Jami. I wish your family the best. Bowling Green is a great town!!