Tuesday, September 7, 2010

38 Weeks

My last weekly update.
My last time walking into that office pregnant.
The last time (hopefully) I see the scale rise to that level.
The last week I can eat chocolate and it's okay to gain weight.
My last week of pregnancy.
WOW- I can't believe it's finally here.

I can't help but have a little bit of anxiety and I know it's only going to get worse over the next few days. Surgery, how is Cooper going to adjust, how are we going to adjust, how am I ever going to possibly love another person as much as I do Cooper. I know the last is a common worry among parents and I know it's not about sharing as much as it is about your love growing. I think we have prepared him as much as we possibly can. He know he is getting a little brother, he knows where Cameron's room is, and just today in the car he looked over at the car seat base beside him and said "hey look, it's Cameron's car seat". He likes to "love on my belly" so it is going to be a little sad when he can no longer do that, because Monday morning at approx 8:00, as he is waking up in the morning, he will officially be a big brother.

We are to report to the hospital around 6:00 am, surgery is scheduled at 7:30 and it takes around 1 hour from start to finish. Actually the quick part is getting the baby out, once she starts he will be out in about 15 minutes. I am about to become the mother of two boys!

I had a few questions today and they all were answered to my liking. I had to wear an oxygen mask with Cooper almost all day during labor because of his breathing. I asked about it today and yes I do have to wear it during surgery, mainly because blood pressure tends to drop after a spinal or epidural. However, I can speak with the anesthesiologist about removing it and unstrapping my arm so that I can touch and speak to Cameron before he is whisked away. Also, because I'm a big baby, I asked about the catheter. I've heard different things about scheduled c-sections, and they are not to put that in until I am numb. If they try I am to say, NO, Dr Riely says wait. I know I will not sleep a wink Sunday night but I am at peace with the situation. I've done it before, I can do it again. It's controlled, it's not too bad of a recovery, and let's look at the bright side I don't have to worry about peeing on myself every time I do a jumping jack.

8 comments:

Jaime Mac said...

AHHHH, I was just thinking about you today & the day coming closer. Obviously I know nothing about this subject, but I am CERTAIN that you will be a wonderful mother of 2 boys. And the Cooper will be perfectly fine when the new tiny human shows up in his house.
I'm sure you will have anxiety. Heck, I have anxiety for you! But I trust & pray that everything will go just as planned & that God will guide the Doctor's hands!
Who will be updating us with all the play-by-plays. You KNOW we need updates! ;)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

good luck!! i can't wait to hear all about it!! :)

Jill said...

Wow! My mom told me you only had a week left. That's good that you have it so planned. I guess that's one benefit to having a c-section. I think it would make me even more nervous, too. :) Can't wait to see pics!

Melissa said...

You are too funny! And I will be praying for you.

Amy said...

Love the statement about being able to do a jumping jack without peeing on yourself. :) We will be praying things go smoothly (which they will) and for a speedy recovery.

Susie said...

Praying all goes well and good luck.

ginmommy said...

Awwwhhh, I know you have lots of anxities, but rest if you can in the hands of the Lord. He has this whole thing planned out, and you are in safe hands. As far as adjusting to two, well, you just will. Might have it's rough moments, but you'll get though it. One day, you'll wonder "how did I ever live without Cameron" just as you do about Cooper. I cannot wait to get the text!!!!!

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

oh man... if I have another baby - I'm totally asking about the catheter... that was HORRIBLE.

I can't WAIT for updates. You will be fabulous and you will love Cameron just as much - but in a different way that's only explained once he's here.