Friday, September 10, 2010

My Nurse is still there!

One of things I remember most about the labor portion of having Cooper was my nurse. Her name was Rita and she was awesome, especially during the epidural. She was great at helping me relax. Today I went to Floyd for my pre-op lab work then I had to go up to labor & deliver for a patient interview. While signing all the paperwork I noticed the nurse's name was Rita. I can't remember what the Rita looked like from 3 years ago but this lady was in the same age range so I asked if she had worked there 3 years ago and she said yes. This can't be just a coincidence, it has to be the same one. So I told her the story and she it was probably her, made no mention of any other Rita. Here's the best part, she is working Monday morning. She didn't know if she would be on the nursery side or L&D side but she said I could request her and she would help assist with my spinal. This eases so much anxiety for me. I can't begin to express how great she was. It really made my day!

No comments: