Saturday, September 25, 2010

1 week (plus 3 days)

I wanted to do a post Wednesday about our first week home but time totally got away from me. Not for sure how that happened. So far everything has gone smoothly. I couldn't have asked for anything better as far as the transition goes for Cooper. As you can tell he loves his little brother. I haven't seen any jealousy.... yet. It helps that I still put him to bed and nap each day.

Cameron is doing well at night. Last night I think we went 3 1/2 hours between each feeding. He does grunt in his sleep, he is sound asleep but it's hard on Steve & myself to sleep through it. We are keeping him in our room for now, I will most likely move him somewhere around 4-6 weeks of age. Steve moved the rocking chair from the nursery to our closet yesterday. It's a little comical trying to get my shoes since they are behind the chair.

Having two kids my day goes by so fast that it's almost impossible to feel tired. We have been lucky that so far Cameron is taking great naps mid-day so we have been able to nap while Cooper is napping too. The real test comes Monday when Steve goes back to work. I'm anxious but also looking forward to doing it all on my own. It's so true how people say it doesn't take long to forget how life was like with only one. The doctor that assisted my doctor during surgery told me that 1 to 2 kids is easier than 0 to 1. I couldn't agree more. I am so much more relaxed with Cameron. It's hard to believe he will be two weeks Monday. He is back up to his birth weight so no more doctor's visits until his 1 month check up.

6 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

thanks for the update!! i am glad things are going well! I agree with the doc. it's much easier going from 1 to 2. you are already so used to everything. the first one hits you like a mac truck! ha!

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

I was thinking about that today too... going from 1-2 was a breeze... of course it helps when things go smoothly. Glad all is well :-) They are cute fellas...

Susie said...

Glad things is going well for you!!

Amy said...

So glad things are going smoothly for you guys. You will do great on Monday when Steve goes back to work. I remember I was nervous too when Larry went back to work. By the end of the week you will be an old pro staying home with two kiddos. :)

ginmommy said...

There is NO doubt that one to two is MUCH easier. First one, knocks the wind out of ya ;-) He's such a cute baby, and I knew Cooper would take to it fast. THey will be such good buddies and playmates, oh and they'll also fight, but in just a matter of a year or so, they'll be buddies!!

Jaime Mac said...

I'm glad everyone's adjusting to life at home...
Good luck today w/out Steve. I'm sure you'll do great! :)