Saturday, October 2, 2010

Montgomery Farms

This morning we packed up the kids (wow, that sounds crazy) and headed to Montgomery Farms in Underwood. Steve had originally planned on going to the IU game but switched tickets with his mom so he could go to a game later in the season. October is always busy for us and this may have been our only Saturday to do this. I got the suggestion for Montgomery Farms from another blog, it's a small family owned farm so it's not Huber's or anything like that, but it's still fun and Cooper had a blast. We headed out early so we could get there as they opened, we had free reign of the farm for about a half hour, it was nice. Bear with me, I had to sort through over 40 pictures.

Before I go any further I must prove my littlest pumpkin was there. He just slept the entire time. I need to get another picture of him in his pumpkin outfit, it's too cute.First up was some animal petting.


Then we headed over the playground. It cost $4 to play, it sounds expensive but I guess they need to make money somehow. It was well worth it for Cooper, he loved the corn kernel bin. I think he played in this thing 4 times.



He also did some swinging.


Inside the playground they had a miniature corn maze.


We couldn't get by without a little goofing around.

Little curious to see what this will be if we come back next year.
They did have a hayride to the pumpkin patch but I was a little afraid the ride may make Cameron lose his breakfast. We had Cooper pick out two baby pumpkins outside the gift shop instead. Our church playgroup is going to Huber's sometime this month. I think I'm going to have Steve's mom watch Cameron so Cooper & I can have day out. We will do the hayride then.
They also had some beautiful mums. They were only $6. We ended up buying four, we would have bought more but we were in my car. Not much fits in my trunk after the stroller and nothing fits else fits in the backseat after the two car seats. I don't even know how we got the four that we did by in the car.

More goofing around here, I have no idea what I'm doing in this picture.
The owner's dog was following him around everywhere. Of course Cooper had to "touch" him too.
As we were leaving we saw the goat going for an empty Big Red can. I don't blame him, I need my caffeine fix too.


Always the helper, Cooper had to help Steve pull the wagon of mums.
We had such a fun morning out. I love my family!



















5 comments:

Melissa said...

Looks like lots of fun. Cooper's hair is too cute!

ginmommy said...

Awww, how fun!!! I know I've said this several times, but so proud of you for getting out there like you have!! BTW, did you have on a Halloween shirt?? I am up and running here with internet, woot!!! I hope to update my blog later tonight.

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

Yeah - glad you had a good time :-)

Jill said...

Will have to check this place out. Huber's is crazy right now. Looks like fun!

Tracey said...

So fun! I love fall outings. :)
Cameron looks so little in the carseat ;)