Wednesday, February 17, 2010

We've come a long way baby!

I know I have mentioned it many times in the blog but there was a time when we went through some extreme separation anxiety. It all started at the average 8/9 month mark and you couple that with the me quiting my job around that time.. it was ROUGH! I can remember getting called back to the church nursery every week. Of course then it turned into the days Cooper would be screaming and clinging on to my neck where I couldn't even walk out the door. We never gave up, no matter how hard it was to leave him or want to keep him with us in church we always took him back and left him. This is how things are today, I drop him off in the church nursery and he walks straight to the table to do his craft. I know can go to the women's Bible Study in the mornings and he plays back in the babysitting room for up to two hours. I can also go to some extra Jazzercise classes in the mornings and bring him with me. This is the real reason for this post. There are two morning babysitters, Ms Sue and Ms Mary. One day I took him in and Ms Mary walks in the exercise room, Cooper just walks on up to her and walks back to the babysitting room with her. Doesn't even say bye to me. Today we are there, Ms Sue walks in and he gets this biggest grin on his face and hollers out for her. My baby is all grown up!

4 comments:

Tracey said...

It's bitter-sweet, isn't it?! Just wait until he wants to dress himself and says "Mom, can you leave? I need to get dressed." SAD DAYS!! :)

Susie said...

It makes it so much better when you can leave them and you know that you don't have to worry if they are crying.

Jill said...

Oh I'm so glad to hear it gets easier. Kade has started crying when I drop him off at Alice's sometimes. That's the only place he does it. It literally breaks my heart. Luckily, Dave usually drops him off. I'm sure like Tracey said it is a little bitter-sweet, but at the same time it's good for him to be independent, too.

ginmommy said...

As you know Pierce had EXTREME seperation anxiety. It about killed me. So, when he finally stopped, for me it was a HUGE relief. That was one area I was so grateful for him to "grow up" I LOVE it that my kids are fine when I leave :)