Sunday, February 21, 2010

Date Night

Steve & I had a date night last night to celebrate his birthday, he is now the big 32... pushing his mid thirties. The plan was dinner & a movie and if you know me, I do not like to see movies. Call me cheap I know, but I just can't stand paying almost $10 for a movie that is either going to be overly violent, raunchy, vulgar, or the ones that aren't like are just recycled story lines. But it Steve's birthday and we both wanted to see Shutter Island, we are suckers for horror movies. That is about the only movie I like seeing in the theater. He picked Texas Roadhouse for dinner, it had been about 10 different options all week and that is what he finally decided on. After a 35 minute wait and what took FOREVER to get our food there was no way we were going to make the movie. We ended up being about 10 minutes late which would have been okay, but his favorite part are the previews so we picked the next starting show which was The Book of Eli. Let's say I was pleasantly surprised. Yes there was some violence and some bad language at times, but it movie is set in a post-apocalyptic world, so it's somewhat understandable. It's nice to see a movie with a big time actor like Denzel Washington to have such a true spiritual content to it. I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it already, just be prepared to see some blood.
Also, thanks to Steve's parents for taking care of Cooper while we are out. It as a nice evening, we have small group every other week that we get a sitter for so it's hard sometimes for us to get away for date nights. It was greatly appreciated.

3 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

ummmmm, i'll have you know that 32 is not pushing mid-thirties! i'm 31 and will not be pushing anything next year! ha ha! :)

ginmommy said...

Didn't I hear that Cooper did the "big duty" on the potty for the 1st time while you were out?? No mention of that??

Tracey said...

Texas Roadhouse is a fave in our house!! I agree with you on the movie thing...hate paying that much! It's fun every once in a while when a good movie is out or on a girls night, but I'd rather watch most movies at home with my man, on my couch, with my own popcorn! :) HA!