Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Exciting Day!!!!

Today was a very exciting day in our house, but first I must share some news:

COOPER IS GOING TO BE A BIG BROTHER!!!!!

Let me back up, right after New Years I thought there might be a chance so I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. At first I was a little disappointed because I am a planner, but I know it's all in God's hands. Well a week goes by and still nothing happens so I started wondering maybe I took it too early. We were out at Target that evening so I picked up another, this time with three in a pack, got home and although one was very faint there were in fact two lines. I ended up taking all three by the end of the weekend just make sure. Later that week I had my first doctor's appointment, mainly just to confirm the pregnancy and do all my lab work, I didn't actually meet with the doctor just the nurse practitioner. She gave me a due date of Sept 6 which I thought that was way too early, I was guessing more like Sept 16, so she agreed that at my next visit before I meet with the doctor I can get an early dating ultrasound to confirm. So here I have been the past four weeks waiting for confirmation on a due date. At first we only told close friends and family but slowly word did spread, it made me feel better the more people I told, I was so fearful something would happen and it eased my fears telling people.

So finally the day arrives, Steve met me at the doctor this morning and up first was the ultrasound.... yipee!!! Everything look great, I got to see the heartbeat which was so reassuring and the date was even later than expected, it put me at 8 weeks and 2 days with a due date of Sept 20. I'm still very early, but moving along. Next up was my first visit with Dr Riely, she delivered Cooper and I only have good things to say about her. For those that don't know, I had a c-section with Cooper. There were multiple factors that went into that and I am working on updating his birth story so I will let you know when that posts. I am about 99% sure I will have another c-section. Of course she did give me information on a VBAC and her policy is that if the patient hasn't made any progress towards labor past the 40 week mark she suggests a repeat c-section. However, up until then if labor starts on its own then we can tray for a VBAC. Or she will just schedule a c-section at 39 weeks. I may go ahead and wait the full 40, just to see if I go into labor, I haven't decided. I was 41 weeks and a day with Cooper wasn't showing any signs of labor, so if history repeats itself, I will probably be in there between 39 and 40 weeks.

So, how am I feeling? Not terrible, but not great either. Evenings are the worst, luckily the mornings and daytime are generally good. Nothing ever sounds good to eat which is funny because I got the H1N1 vaccine today. They only carry the preservative free for the OB patients so I went ahead and took it, that sucker hurt! Much more than any other flu shot did, my arm was still burning 20 minutes later. The nurse told Steve he should do something special for me and asked me what my favorite food was, well right now NOTHING!!! Any other day, he would be bringing me some Puerto Vallarta home. Come to think of it, that does sound pretty good.

So that is our exciting news, 2010 is going to be a good year. We are all excited and I'm sure once the warm weather hits this pregnancy is going to fly by.

15 comments:

Tracey said...

YEEE HAWWWWW! I'm glad you finally posted. How exciting to share a pregnancy with a friend. I can't wait until it's time to find out what you are having!!!!!! Babies r fun! Congrats again!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

YIPPEE!!! I thought you were telling everyone when you said really? #2 a while back!!! but i didn't say a word!! CONGRATS!!!

Susie said...

Congratulations. How is Cooper taking the news? Is he excited?

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill said...

Yea! I'm so excited for you guys!!! :)

You are the fifth person I know due in September. Lots of sweet babies on the way this year!

(Sorry about the deleted comment. Not sure what happened there. . .)

Melissa said...

Oh, I am so happy for you Jami!
Congratulations!

April said...

Congratulations!! I am so excited for your family!

BTW, this is April from Bunco. I do not have a pic on here yet. ;)

Amy said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys. I just love Dr. Riely, your in great hands. :)

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

YEAH!!!!!!! Isn't it a little weird being congratulated for doing you know what? :-)

Hers and His said...

Congrats!!! That is so exciting! So happy for you guys! :)

ginmommy said...

YEA!!!! Glad you finally posted :) Can't wait to meet the latest Lee...maybe "sparkle lee" tee hee

Terry, Leslie, Noah, Allie, Laynie & Gracie said...

Aww!!! Congrats!!!!

Jenny said...

Congrats Jami, I am so excited for you all. Cooper will be a great big brother!!!

The Tibbs World said...

Yea! Wonderful news. So excited for you guys!

Rachel said...

Congrats!!!!! I don't know how I missed this post - I've read the others dated after Feb. 10 but knew I missed something when I read about your maternity clothes. How very exciting!!!