Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day!

Valentine's Day is low key around our house. Besides dinner out, Steve & I have never really celebrated. Of course there was the one time three years ago in Walt Disney World when we went to Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, but I don't want to get depressed so I will stop talking about that. We did sort of start a tradition last year by going out to breakfast so that was the plan Saturday morning. It also helped out that breakfast is really the only meal I can eat these days where I can pretty much guarantee I won't feel horrible afterwards. We headed to Panera Bread for a yummy breakfast, same as last year. Cooper ate almost an entire cinnamon roll to himself, have you guys seen those things? They are HUGE!

Afterwards we stopped by Steve's parent's house so Cooper could give them a Valentine card, his Aunt Marilyn and cousin Tina were there was well so we had Valentine's for them too. After lunch at home my mom stopped by and wanted me to come to Walmart with here to pick out Valentine's for all the grand kids. I have no idea what I was thinking because that place, and the entire Clarksville for that matter, was packed. I promise it looked like the day before Christmas. I did have a wonderful surprise waiting for me when I returned... beautiful flowers from my two favorite people.That evening I decided to make chili for dinner and for the first time Cooper wanted to eat dinner in the big chair. Poor guy is so short that I had to put his chili on a plate instead of a bowl. It was cute though. We are lucky he doesn't mind his booster and will still sit in a high chair if we are out. Sunday was spent going to church, taking naps, and having dinner at my mom's. She is an awesome cook but it is a good thing she doesn't cook often. Butter & salt are her two favorite ingredients.
Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day, I'm ready for spring.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

I think I would like your mom's cooking!! :)

Beautiful flowers!! Sounds like you had a fun weekend!