Monday, February 15, 2010

Snow Day

For once this winter I did not mind the snow today. Steve got to stay home with us. Of course it scared me half to death. On Monday's he leaves for work around 6:45. I had trouble getting back to sleep this morning so I heard the garage door open and then a few minutes later close again. So I figured he had left, another couple of minutes goes by and my bedroom door opens. My heart about jumps out of my chest. I guess our roads weren't cleared off yet, there weren't even tire tracks from other cars so he decided to wait until daylight and try again. Long story short, he ended up just staying home which was awesome, but he does have to make it up on Saturday. That is a bummer, it also happens to be his birthday, but we did have a day of unexpected fun. Cooper & Steve played hard all morning. I managed to get some cupcakes made that I had originally wanted to make this weekend. Cooper sure enjoyed them.

After the fun morning Cooper took a 2 1/2 hour nap. Those days are pretty much long gone. we are lucky if we hit two hours. So that was sweet.
After dinner Steve decided to be creative in the snow. He put some food coloring in a water bottle... I have no idea where he comes up with these ideas.
We also stayed in our pj's all day, I love days like this.



4 comments:

Tracey said...

At least it was food coloring and not "yellow" snow!

Susie said...

Love the food coloring idea. So cute.

Jill said...

Ditto on the food coloring. Will definitely be stealing that idea. Steve is so domesticated. ;)

ginmommy said...

What a fun family day :)