Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Fall Break Extended

Looks like fall break is going to be extended. Cooper was having some stomach issues on Monday evening so I kept him home from school on Tuesday. He seemed okay so we went ahead and went to speech in the afternoon. By the evening he was hurting and going to bathroom a lot again. This morning he walked into our room with the chills and when we sat down for breakfast he let out this giant burp and had the most scared look on his face. I thought for sure he was going to vomit. Luckily, for the both of us, that did not happen. After another round in the bathroom I decided to call the doctor. Cameron has also been coughing a lot so better safe than sorry. We usually see Dr Howell but she is out on Wednesdays so we got in with Dr Morgan. As I was in the waiting room I began talking to two others that were there, one had an appointment at 10:00 and it was almost 11:00 and hadn't been called back. Another gentleman was there with his kids and he had the same appointment time as me but was seeing the same doctor as the other lady. I was for sure I was in for a long day. I ended up being in there for a total of one hour and 15 minutes. Not too bad for two sicks visits plus Cameron needed his flu shot booster and as soon as she came in to give it to him Cooper had to go poop. I could have made it in an hour. Anyway... both kids are good. Cameron just has a chest cold and Cooper has a stomach bug. I am so thankful that it appears Cooper's stomach bug dosen't involve vomitting. I can handle the other much better, especially considering he can make it to the bathroom in time. I haven't decicded on school for tomorrow or not. He hasn't had an incident since before lunch so if he can keep dinner in then I may go ahead and send him. If we do stay home it just means more pictures of us being silly. He's totally not sick here, just being silly.

As I was leaving I needed to make Cooper's 4 year (gasp) check up. The earliest we could get in, looking back at last year's appointment, is the day before Thanksgiving. Like I said our doctor doesn't work on Wednesdays. I knew that the next Monday would be jam packed after being closed all weekend for the holiday. I also knew we we would be free on that Wednesday so I went ahead and scheduled it the doctor we seen today. I am not ready to give up all together on our practice, just may switch doctors a few times to see if anyone does a better job of getting us in and out. I like Dr Morgan a lot and today was the quickest we have been in and out since I can remember. We shall see.

Two more things to remember, Cooper's right ear tube has fallen out and is laying in his ear canal ready to fall out of his ear. He has never had trouble with his right ear, they only put one in as a precation and he didn't get a new one last summer when they replaced his left one and took out his tonsils. It's been in there for almost three years! And he weighs in at a whopping 31 3/4 lbs fully dressed with shoes and jacket on!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Cooper, Lilly said get well soon! :)

Susie said...

Hope Cooper is feeling better tomorrow to go to school if he wants to. Hopefully Cameron is feeling better too.

ginmommy said...

Sorry you've had the sickies, but thank the Lord it's not the pukes!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

get better soon guys! :)

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

We've almost always been in and out with every other doctor... :-) Crazy. but I do love them all!