Thursday, November 18, 2010

Boo-Boo

What do you get when you cross a stocking and stocking holder with curious little hands?
You get one of these.... a nice gash on the forehead.I was so excited when Cameron's stocking & stocking holder arrived yesterday. Even more excited that Pottery Barn still carried the same one I ordered when Cooper was born. I went ahead and hung it up yesterday since we are planning on getting all the decorations out this weekend. We were having a nice relaxing evening when I look up and see Cooper pulling at the stocking. After that is all slow motion and before I had time to react the whole thing came crashing on his head.
Steve grabbed him first and got the first look and told me to call his parents to come watch Cameron because he thought he would need a stitch or two. Of course Cooper is screaming, there is blood running down his face, he doesn't want Steve, he only wants me. He wont let us put ice on it. We get the bleeding to stop before his parents arrive and begin to second guess going to the Immediate Care Center. It's a really small gash, just a little deep. So I call up our trusty nurse, my mom, to take a look. So before we know it we have all the grandparents here. They all agree it probably doesn't need stitches but we should probably have it checked out anyway. So off we go. Thankfully the ICC is empty and we are seen right away. Steve & I both have sigh of relief when a younger doctor walks in and not the one we have had problems with in the past. He doesn't need stitches just cleaned out and some dermabond so it doesn't get infected or open back up. He is taken care of and we head back. That was another relief, I'm sure it would have taken every body in that place if he needed stitches to hold him down. From time of injury till we were back home and both kids in bed was about 2 hours, so not too bad.
The night wasn't a total loss either, for some reason we had a credit and only had to pay a $15 co-pay. Cooper thinks it's pretty cool he has glue on his head. And, even though my long-sleeved white t-shirt got stained with blood, Karen gave me her Kohl's cash since she will be out of town, so now I can get a new one.
We made it just two days shy of three years before blood ended up on our carpet, I think that is pretty good.


5 comments:

melanie said...

Child drama can leave you emotionally exhausted, whether it is laughter or tears. Glad he is okay. Yeah, Corbin proved to us that hanging a stocking by the wieghted hooks will not work at our house till I don't know how long.

Susie said...

Ouch poor boy!! Glad it wasn't worse. As for the white shirt all you need to do is soak it in iodine and all of the blood will come out.It did wonders when Nick busted his head and covered his shirt. All of it came out.

Susie said...

Jamie I meant to say use peroxide it is the best thing for blood.

Amy said...

Poor Cooper....Glad to hear things turned out OK and he didn't need stitches.

Jaime Mac said...

That IS a pretty nasty gash! Glad he's a-ok though.