Friday, November 19, 2010

Three Years


My dear sweet Cooper is three years old today. Where had time gone? Didn't I just bring him home from the hospital? Oh wait, that was the other one.

At time time three years ago I had just gotten the pitocin and started my 12 hour journey into becoming a mother. No one can prepare you for how hard, yet rewarding it is.

My little guy has had quite the year. First up just 7 months ago he was sleeping in a crib. Then came the surgery and hospital stay, what a champ he was. I was so proud of him that day. But, not near as proud as I am now. With the birth of Cameron, Cooper has shown what a great big brother he will make. Makes Steve and I feel like we are doing something right.

Cooper's speech has improved by leaps and bounds this year, honestly I have a seen a huge difference since his tonsils were removed. We still have some articulation issues but his language skills are through the roof. I love hearing some of the stuff he comes up with. We start speech therapy with the school system in a couple of weeks.

Cooper- you bring such joy and laughter into each and everyday. I am so thankful God chose me to be your mommy. Remember what we always say, you taught me how to be a mommy.


3 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Cooper!

ginmommy said...

Happy Birthday little buddy!!!!

Jaime Mac said...

Super sweet post!

Happy birthday, Cooper!