Saturday, November 13, 2010

It's Party Time

Tonight was a special night for one little boy, we celebrated Cooper's third birthday! I can't believe my little baby will be three in less than a week. It doesn't seem possible. I had one excited child on my hands today. As soon as I went into his room after his nap and the first thing out of his mouth was, "I have birthday party". I love that he is understanding and getting into things more. He got so many good presents. I think I am just as excited as he is to play with everything. One of the things I am most excited about is a gift card to the Disney Store that my mom's friend got him. I am going to plan a special mommy & Cooper day and take him to the Oxmoor mall and let him pick something out all on his own. I can't wait!!!!

So, here a few highlights of our evening.
Papaw and his two boys. The cake... how awesome is this? We got it from Adrienne's again. They do such an amazing job. And it tasted delicious too... strawberry.
Party decorations.
More party decorations.
Next year we will most likely do a bigger party with all of his friends but for now we just invite my friend Sharon and her daughter Allie. Her and Cooper so adorable together. We just had a play date on Thursday so they were already warmed up to one another.

It was a huge change from last year back when Cooper could care less about opening presents. Tonight I could barely contain him. One of the first gifts was from Steve's aunt Marilyn. She had boxes of raisins in the bag and I swear you would have thought someone gave him a million dollars, it was the cutest thing.


Steve's cousin Ricky got him a stuffed monkey, had to get in a quick hug.


I think this was a Toy Story puzzle... the kid is awesome at puzzles. The board puzzles will no longer do, they are too easy. He has graduated to real jigsaw puzzles, about 24 pieces. Once he does it a few times he can pretty much do it by himself if you help him with the outside pieces.


Instead of a gift bag Sharon put his gifts in a reusable tote bag from the Disney Store. We love bags around here! When you have no storage, bags come in handy... plus it's Mickey Mouse. I'm sure Cooper will enjoy that more than the all the Jazzercise bags I have his things in.


Uncle Scott came through big time this year. In addition to a Leap Frog tag system, he got him this awesome Buzz Lightyear. At one point tonight Scott had him (Cooper) flying through the air as if he was Buzz.

I love this picture. He is really digging in that bag. This was part of our gift. We got him the Crayola Easel with some some things to go with it; paint and paint brushes, extra paper, dry erase markers and eraser, extra chalk, and a cute Crayola smock. He should have hours of fun with this thing. I will post picture of it once Steve puts it together.

Can't have a party without goofing off with Uncle Scott. As Cooper would say, "no tonsils in there", can you tell?
He even managed to slow down and pose for a picture tonight.

This little guy had a good night too, of course Steve took him in the back room when he screamed for 45 minutes, but for the most part he hung out in the swing.

After the party I got a little play time with my little guy. He was all smiles and cooing after everything settled down.


Two of my favorite moments of the night are when my mom asked Sharon if she was planning on having another. I know I told my mom that she was expecting again, Sharon was like "yeah, May 11th". And.... drum roll please, not only did Cooper poop in the potty, he actually told me he had to go. Score one for the birthday boy.

Thanks to all our family and friends for making tonight so special for Cooper. We are so blessed to have each and every one of you in our lives.

6 comments:

Jaime Mac said...

Love all the decorations! Looks like you all had a great time! Happy early bday, cooper!!

Susie said...

Glad to see that he had fun. Happy Birthday Cooper!!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

what a great party!!! I love the decorations!! Happy birthday cooper!!! :)

ginmommy said...

Looks like a great birthday party!!! Can't believe he's almost 3, time flies when you have kids!!! Happy birthday Cooper!!!

Jill said...

That cake is just too cute, Jami! Happy 3rd Birthday, Cooper!!! : )

Tracey said...

Love the cake! You're such a super cool Mommy!!!