Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween 2010

Is it just me or do we celebrate Halloween for 2 weeks? When I was growing up I did trick or treat and that was it. This year kids have it good! I don't mind though, it is a ton of fun and one of my favorite times of the year. Last week we had our 2nd annual Halloween party at church. This is with my Wednesday morning playgroup. Sharon & Allie joined us again this year. It's a good thing too because I didn't get any pictures. Can you guess why? I will give you hint, it weighs about 11 lbs and names starts with a C. It a lot of fun this year, our Early Childhood director had it planned right. They started out with a Veggie Tales movie while waiting for everyone to show up. Then the kids got to trick or treat in staff offices, next up was lunch, then she divided the kids up in three groups and they took turns in the story room, craft room, and game room. My son had Cheetos and candy for lunch this day. Awesome!

They attempted a shot of all the kids, really can you get 15 kids to look in the same direction? Sharon did manage a close up of Allie & Cooper. Love this look of Allie! Cooper is 10 months older than Allie and they both love to talk about the other and can't wait to play together but at the same time it takes about 2 hours for them to actually start playing. Sharon is pregnant again, this little one and Cameron will be about 8 months apart, I can't wait!!!!
Of course Sunday was trick or treat night. I love any and all holiday or things you do each year. It helps me to look back and see what Cooper was doing this time last year and how things are different. Last year we had to use the stroller, not this year. He even walked to the other side of neighborhood and back.
I only got a couple of shots of him getting the candy.


This house is on the other side of our neighborhood but we had to go to it. We've passed it while out walking and Cooper kept calling it the "scary guy". He didn't seem to mind when it came time to get candy though.
I can't believe next year I will have two little ones out here getting candy.




.

4 comments:

Jaime Mac said...

I'm with you on the Halloween 'celebrations'! It seems like it goes on for weeks! We only went out Halloween night (& ONLY to houses where my parents knew the residents!) I could go into a diabetic coma from all the candy nowadays! But what a way to go! Death by Reese's... :)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

YES! we celebrated halloween for a month! it is so fun though! that's why we do it!

Tracey said...

I was thinking the same thing tonight! Halloween has been around for a long time this year! FUN!! Cute pics.

ginmommy said...

Cooper is getting so brave!!! Cute little monkey you had this year ;)