Friday, December 9, 2011

Being Resourceful

As I had mentioned in my post about the Christmas Brunch at church, we had a a gift exchange. The way it worked was we were to bring in 4 identical gifts. All the gifts were laid out on tables in the commons area. We each had a turn picking a gift 4 times. The first time we had a minute, then 55 seconds, 50 seconds, and 45 seconds. We went in small groups of about 10 so it wasn't full blown chaos. I decided I was going to be resourceful in mu gifts. I was running low on Bath & Body hand soap so I was able to get one of those for my kitchen and I also picked up a coffee mug for a friend from church who wasn't able to attend. I was quite fond of my other two gifts.

Someone had brought in four of these cute notebooks. I'm pretty sure they were handmade. It looked like an ordinary notebook that someone had taken scrapbook materials to design in. I would have loved to get all 4 but one was already taken when I had my turn. I plan on giving this to the director of Cooper's preschool for Christmas.

Someone had brought in these super cute boxes with an ornament and candle inside. I got the box to hold the ornament I bought for my Bunco Christmas exchange. I figured who ever gets it can use the ornament and the box as decoration.

Inside the box was this ornament, nothing special, just a plain silver ornament. I decided to get a little creative with it.


I put the boy's hand prints on each side.



Cameron's didn't turn out so well, but he is only 1 and I'm sure I will smile and laugh at this for years to come.

1 comment:

Jaime Mac said...

Good idea with the handprints! Another special set of ornaments for your tree. ;)