Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Why haven't I heard of this place?

A couple weeks ago Alicia and Janelle blogged about going to Silver Creek Community Park. What? There is another park in Sellersburg? Where is this place. Technically we live in Charlestown but are MUCH closer to Sellersburg. I feel as if I need to familiarize myself with all things Burg related. Turns out a guy Steve works with goes running out there and explained to him where it was. It's hidden a bit but we found it. It was two different playground areas, it has shade!!! It also has a nice running/walking trail.

Cameron loved the swings.

Cooper's first trip down the slide.



Check out how high off the ground these slides are. His first trip he slid right off the slide, landed on his arms and elbows and head first into the mulch. I could tell he was shaken up a bit, I think he was too embarrassed to cry because there were other kids there. He got right back up but wanted Steve down there the next time to catch him.




Check this out, when Cameron is crawling on grass or any unfamiliar surface, he walks around on his hands and feet. It's too funny!





This slide was super fast. I think the first scared him so he needed Steve at the bottom again. Steve then tried to go down with him. So wish I would have had a video camera. There is a bar at the top of the slide, well Steve was too big to under so he tried to over. He had on flip flops and totally almost wiped out.
Needing daddy's help again.



More swing time.

I have no idea what Cooper is doing here. We asked him to smile and he gives us this. Not to mention he is about four times too big for the swing.Thanks girls for blogging about this, I might not have found it otherwise.




3 comments:

ginmommy said...

Love Cameron crawling like that! Too funny!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

You are welcome!! Sam played Little League there. It is hidden and kind of hard to find but it's a great park!! Glad you had fun!

Jill said...

I know where it is, but we've never gone. Looks like we'll have to check it out!