Saturday, August 27, 2011

Parades and Parties

This morning we headed out to the Sellersburg Celebrates parade. It was our first year going. This is what Cooper thought about the parade while waiting for it to start. This is what Cameron thought. It was during his morning nap. I ended up missing the last 5 minutes to I could take a walk with him. He hung in there pretty good.

This is for you Gretchen!


After the parade we came home, had lunch and played. Guess what?? Cooper napped today which meant we all napped. After naps we headed to Bryce's birthday party. Bryce is the son of Jerome, Steve's friend from work. I think I blogged about his party last year. They are from the Philippines, we were the only white people there. I'm sure it wasn't hard to figure out which ones where our kids. What a difference year makes. Last year Cooper was so scared to jump in the bouncy house with the other kids. This year he was all about it. He had so much fun. All sweaty and dirty afterwards, awesome! I didn't get any pictures. I didn't know most of the people there and sometimes I feel strange taking pictures and posting them when it's other kids and I don't know the parents.

We had to give incentives for Cooper to get out of the bouncy when it was time to leave. We bribed him with a bath in the whirlpool tub. Being the good father he is, Steve put his trunks on and gave the kids a bath.


The only time either of us has gotten in the tub has been with the kids. I keep telling myself I'm going to get in there for real one day but it just takes so dang long to fill it up.

It was a wonderful Saturday. Steve works the next 2 out of 3 Saturdays so I am going to soak it all up.

3 comments:

ginmommy said...

Hey! Thanks for the General Lee!! ;) I love me a good parade.

Jaime Mac said...

I love Cooper's scrunched up face smile!

Tracey said...

Aww, I love that you said "we had a wonderful Saturday." Looks like a fun day. Love the whirlpool pic! Ha.