Friday, May 7, 2010

Why I Love Blogs

Cooper and I headed out yesterday to the mall to get some last minute Mother's Day shopping done. Oh, and every time we go to the mall we must split some pretzel sticks, but more on that later.

Here is why I love blogging; while I was walking in I noticed a lady about to walk out. I immediately recognized her as Megan's mom. I've only met Megan twice but have been following her blog since about the time she got married, which was two years ago and now she has a one year old son. Anyway, it's not totally blog stalker crazy, I did used to go to church with her and went to the same high but several years are between us in age so we never really knew one other. I do know her husband and have for about 9 years or so. Anyway.... I was thinking to myself, wow that's Megan's mom but she would think I was totally crazy if I started talking to her. Nope! She started talking to me! I had no idea but she reads my blog too, and of course she recognized the handsome little man I had with me. She also gave me a hug like I had known her for years, which sometimes you do feel like these people are your best friends. Such a sweet lady.

Later, while eating our pretzels, I saw Megan and her son Lincoln. First time I've seen Lincoln in person, I think. Adorable little guy! Blogging opens up your world to so many things.

Okay, so here is the problem with the pretzels. We can no longer share, my son now can eat them all himself. Either that or I'm pregnant and starving too. I ended up having to grab a sandwich from Subway because it was clear we were not both going to be satisfied, plus it was nearing lunch time. Another side note, I ordered a lemonade and gave some to Cooper. He must listen to me order my drink a lot because he kept calling it a Diet Coke. He has never had soda, maybe a sip once, but that is it. He rarely even gets juice, he has always liked water so why bother. He did like the lemonade and I developed a new craving because of it as well. Guess I know what I am buying at the store this week.

6 comments:

Susie said...

I love blogging too. It is good when you see someone and they tell you they are reading your blog. It makes you feel good. I just wish people would leave comments every so often so I know that like what they read.

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

you so feel like you know someone when you see them on a blog! i see people from blogs and i'm always like "i know you." ha ha!! it kind of weirds some people out!

Susie said...

Jami I wasn't talking about you. I know you are one of the dedicated ones that read and occasionally leaves comments. It is really for Ellie anyways.

ginmommy said...

I love this whole "blog thing" I was reluctant to start one, and now I can't imagine not doing it!! It's cool all the people I've come to know through this little thing called a blog!!

Sulayne said...

Love this story! I'll read blogs from other people's blog lists and you really do feel like you know them although you've never officially met them! So true!!

Jaime Mac said...

YAY FOR BLOGS!!!!!! :)