Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Coopers vs Baby #2

Since I have reached the halfway point of this pregnancy I thought I would take a moment to blog about the differences & similarities between the two.

Sickness- Luckily I never got sick in either, I just felt bad. With Cooper it was immediate, within a week or two of finding out I was pregnant. I blame it on the prenatal vitamins, I actually switched Flintstones Complete and felt better within a day. This time around it took a little longer to hit me, it lasted longer and I felt worse.

Heartburn and reflux- I had it terrible with Cooper. Every night I would lay down and my throat would be on fire. I can also remember going to Puerto Vallarta with the Reid's and eating Tums like candy throughout dinner. This time no heartburn and only minor reflux. I can pretty much eat all the Mexican I want. The only thing that gives me reflux are things with lots of sugar.

Cravings- With Cooper I always craved starchy foods like mashed potatoes and biscuits. I also craved sweet tea. I still love sweet tea but I have to be careful now or I will get reflux and if I drink too much caffeine I can't sleep. Now my cravings come and go. Usually something sounds good but I end up being disappointed or nothing sounds good at all. One day I planned on making tacos for dinner and was also craving guacamole. Well I tried to make homemade guacamole but the avocados were rotten, I wasn't about to eat tacos without guacamole so I made something else. Steve has gotten used to me telling him we were going to have one thing for dinner but making something else.

Weight Gain- I was doing better this time around but I think I've caught up. After only gaining 1 lb between the last two of my check-ups, I gained quite a bit this time. I'm not going to say how much because it is quite embarrassing. But I am still on track to being in the normal range so I'm trying to not stress out about it too much.

That's about all I can think of right now. Overall, I feel pretty good and haven't felt too run down yet. I'm just waiting for the 90 degree weather to hit.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

I can't believe how fast your pregnancy is going!!! It's neat to compare them. I'm sure you can't see what #2 will look like!!!