Saturday, May 29, 2010

Fried Biscuits and Strawberries

My mom, Cooper, and myself went up to Huber's today for lunch and strawberries. I think everyone should have a fried biscuit and apple butter at least a few times a year. Cooper was excited.
It was a great weekend for Huber's. Of course we got there early, around 11:00. The restaurant was empty and we got right in. Plus this was the weekend for the strawberry festival so most people were down the road at the church. I'll have to keep this in mind for next year.
After lunch we couldn't resist some strawberry shortcake. Probably the best ever.

My mom didn't want to go and pick our strawberries, even though we both could have gotten a free quart, instead we went to the store and bought the pre-picked ones. We had to get some strawberries for my aunt and my mom's friend that we had so many we couldn't carry to the car. My mom went to get the car and Cooper had some fun smelling the flowers. I almost forgot about these. They are the best peanut butter balls EVER! They have milk chocolate and white chocolate. I only bought the one. I told Steve I was trying to watch my figure, he said I should have thought about that before I got pregnant! Anyway they have crushed up rice krispies inside the peanut butter. They are delicious.




1 comment:

Susie said...

I love Huber!! Best fried biscuits I have ever tasted. Can't resist the strawberries either.