Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

I'm a little late on this but for good reason. My Mother's Day gift hasn't arrived yet and I wanted to blog all at once. I will wait for a second post.

I actually had a Mother's Weekend. On Friday these beautiful flowers were delivered. The picture was taken before church on Sunday, I wanted to wait until they had all bloomed. Steve ordered them from proflowers.com, he usually orders from a local florist but he said he got the idea and discount from watching Sean Hannity. I had to laugh at that one.Saturday I wen to Oxmoor Mall (by myself) to use my bday money to get some new maternity tops. We need more maternity shops on this side of the river. I told Steve I'm not for sure what I enjoyed more; shopping by myself or driving myself and getting to listen to things other than children's songs on the radio. Wouldn't you know it, I almost spent more on Cooper than I did myself. I got him two tank tops from Old Navy, a Mickey Mouse t-shirt from the Disney store, and they also had all their children's dinnerware 40% off so I got him a Buzz Lightyear and Mickey place mat and plate.

We started off Sunday by going to church and my mom even joined us, which also happened to be her birthday. They changed things up a bit a church and gave 4 different women a chance to speak who each had children in different stages of life. After church we all (me, Steve, Cooper, my mom, Steve's parents and brother) headed over to Cheddar's for lunch. One of these days I'm going to learn to go ahead and order the Monte Cristo. I always talk myself out of it saying I don't want all the fried food, then Steve gets it and it looks soooo good. After naps and dinner, which was a wonderful hodge podge of leftovers, we went to the Pie Kitchen for dessert. I ordered their Reece's Cake, you must try this if you are a chocolate peanut butter fan.

That about wraps it up. I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful husband! Steve does such a great job of making me feel special. I can't believe this time next year I will have a 3 1/2 year old 8 month old!

2 comments:

ginmommy said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day WEEKEND!!! You deserve it ;)

Jaime Mac said...

-I wondered where your mommy's day post was?!
-YUM about the Reese's cake! Good choice! I love me some peanut butter cups...
-Glad you had some mommy 'alone' time too!
-When I used to go to Graceland, on mothers day they always let the senior pastors' wife do the sermon. And I loved it! Even though it was gauged towards moms & what do I know about that? But because it was such a nice change of pace to hear a female's prospective from behind the pulpit!
-Glad you had a GREAT weekend! :)