Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Thank you!

I don't express my emotions or feelings well at times, but I have something laying on my heart I want to share tonight. There are two people I want to say a huge thank you to.

The first is my husband. It was around this time two years ago when Steve began his new job search. After much prayer our hearts were telling us that it would be best for me to stay at home with Cooper. However, we knew in order for this to happen he needed a new job, one that not only paid better but also provided better insurance. Every night I prayed the right job would become available for him and not one that offered monetary incentives. It also was a relief to me that he was ready for a new job and wasn't just leaving on my wishes, he wanted to leave. It only took two interviews for him to find the right place. Although it can be stressful at times, he enjoys his job and his co-workers. It was the perfect fit for him. So I want thank him for taking on the sole financial burden of our household. It's a huge responsibility that he has never once complained about.

Second, actually this should have been first, I want to thank God. For providing everything we NEED. I can honestly say we have not went without at all these two years. Of course there are things we scarified, like a bigger house and family trips, but those things can wait. I also want to thank God for giving us financial wisdom that still allows us some wants and luxuries. And for providing that opportunity for Steve at just the perfect time.

You may ask why am I doing this? Well things have been busy lately, but in a good way. I just finished up a 6 week women's Bible Study at church that met on Monday mornings. Had I been working I would not have been able to attend. Then there is so much I would have missed with Cooper; Tot Time, church play groups, individual play groups that are just as much for the moms as they are for the kids, witnessing his speech therapy, and of course play time with just us two. I could not have asked for anything better these past two years and I know when our new baby comes that the huge shadow that loomed over me when I had Cooper will be gone. The constant dreading of going back work, counting down the weeks, the worry every time I dropped him off.

I also want to end by saying I pray for all mothers who want this, can have it. There are some people out there I know personally want this and are doing everything in their power to make it happen, I PRAY for YOU that it can. I pray for the day we can have our play dates.... they will be 4 months apart you know.

You know those random silly questionnaires that may ask what has been your best decision ever? Mine was the day I walked in to work and gave my notice. Thank you Lord and thank you Steve, you have given me the best job in the world.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks for sharing your heart Jami, it wsa a good reminder to me to be more thankful!

ginmommy said...

How wonderful!!! It's great to express our gratitude. It's very easy to think about what we don't have, or what we are missing out on. The Lord (and Steve) have def given you a wonderful gift of being home with your child(ren) Thanks for the reminder to say thanks daily ;)

Tracey said...

I heart you! :) Thank you...
this made me teary eyed. I'm so thankful for the Lord's Blessings.

Jaime Mac said...

Awww, this was really sweet & I'm glad you can be at home with your kid(dos). But serious moments make me nervous & it's like I have tourette's or something bc I always have to interject something funny to break up the tension inside ME. Soooo, shouldn't you have also added that your thankful to have found new friends that have a super cool name too? Just sayin'... Unless you're not - then nevermind... :)

Mrs. Wesely said...

This was a wonderful post. I remember back when you and Steve were dating and you would say something like, "I hope he doesnt' think I want to stay at home..."

Isn't it crazy how life and God can change your heart. No...I shouldn't say crazy...I should say WONDERFUL.