Monday, March 1, 2010

Questions & Answers #1-6

This is going to be fun!

#1- from Alicia- Where did you and Steve meet?

Steve & I met in 1998 when he was working at The Buckle inside, at the time, River Falls Mall. I worked there that summer for a couple of months and we started dating. The job & the relationship were both short lived, but we met back up again 2 years later. His last two years of school were intense and he thought he was going to have to move away for 6 months to do field work, he ended up only leaving for 3 months but spent those three months living in Maryland. So we took things very slowly at first, but it must have worked cause here we are 12 years and 1 1/2 kids later.

#2- from Karen- What would be your dream vacation, besides Disney?

It's hard to pick a dream vacation that at the time doesn't include Disney b/c a dream vacation for me includes one that we can do as a family. Although I like the beach, I would get so bored just laying out everyday and I don't like to fly so I can never see myself leaving the country besides maybe Canada. So if I had pick, maybe a trip along the Pacific northwest. I would love to visit Cannon Beach, Oregon one day.

#3- from Jaime- wild card question- something I would like for you guys to know.

This is hard one, I would much rather have someone ask me questions. Let's see, if I were to pick a perfect date it would hands down be some type of sporting event. You can totally skip the romantic dinner. Some of the best times I've had with Steve have been going to IU games and of course the Colts games we went to this past season.

#4- from Jessica- what would you like the next baby to be, and the one after that?

Very Funny! Honestly, I do not have a preference. At one minute I think I want another boy then the next I want a girl. Reading my #3 answer, I think I would be better with boys, I will take a t-ball game over a dance recital any day. And, I'm pretty sure we are a 2 kid family, but if we were to have three, I would like either 2 boys and a girl (no particular order) or all boys.

#5- from Gretchen- my first crush?

In the first grade I was in love with a boy named John Bowen. It's going to be funny if people from my high school read this b/c we went to school together all through 12 grade and graduated together. I actually think I sat next to him during graduation. But at 6, I was in love.

#6- from Tracey- what is my most embarrassing moment?

Well, I have a lot. I do tend to fall down a lot. But this one takes the cake, I was about 7 months pregnant and had just started a new position at work. We had monthly staff meetings were the new persons stands up, tells about themselves and maybe a hobby. I had already worked for this particular group before but I still had to do it. There were probably at least 100 people in this staff meeting ,if not more. Anyway, I can't remember my exact words, but for my hobby I meant to say getting ready for the baby. However, I pointed to my belly and it came out something like this "Well, I'm pregnant, it's kind of obvious what my hobby is". I sat down and people were cracking up! Then it hit me. Luckily I worked with some laid back people of most knew me so knew I had meant to say. It was the topic of conversation that day when everyone went back to work, hey did you hear what Jami Lee said at the staff meeting? I wanted to crawl in a hole.

Okay, keep the coming guys, this is fun!

7 comments:

Tracey said...

Ok, two things:
So funny that you were "in love" in first grade. I didn't fall in love until I was much older...second grade. ;)

And, I died laughing at your embarrassing moment! That is so funny that shy little Jami basically told people her hobby was spending "special" time with her hubby!!! I love it!

Jaime Mac said...

OK-since I was a LOSER last time & didn't ask a 'real' question - I'll make up for it now:
#1-How long have you been blogging & what made you decide to do it?
#2-What do you do for a living?
#3-Where do you live? Not for stalking purposes - just geographical purposes. State is acceptable...
#4-Where did your mama get the spelling of your first [super cool] name?
Shew! How's that?! :) If I think of more, I'll comment again. (You've created a monster...)

Jaime Mac said...

OH! And the embarrassing moment? HIL-A-RIOUS!! I literally laughed out loud! :)

Jill said...

This is a cute idea! I had to laugh about the prego moment. . .we had something like that happen at church. Embarrassing, but funny thinking about it now.

Here's one: Any baby names yet??? (I know it's a little early, but still. . .)

ginmommy said...

Your embarassing moment cracks me up!!! Little shy Jami, making everybody think that "getting busy" is her favorite hobby. Soooo funny.

Hers and His said...

Oh my goodness, that embarrassing moment was embarrassing!!!

Rachel said...

So funny!!!!