Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Earlier today we went to Steve's parents for Thanksgiving. I didn't any pictures but I wanted to reflect back on the differences between last year and this year. For those that do not know, we came home from the hospital on Thanksgiving, therefore we celebrated on Saturday.
So, here I go.
Last Thanksgiving- maybe three hours of sleep, this Thanksgiving- probably at least eight hours.
Last Thanksgiving- no appetite, this Thanksgiving- a full appetite and empty plate!
Last Thanksgiving- the feeling that I needed to take care of everything when it came to Cooper, this Thanksgiving- sat back, relaxed and let Grandma and Grandpa take over.
Last Thanksgiving- the greatest blessing I could ever imagined, this Thanksgiving- still the greatest blessing I could ever imagine.
Here is a picture from last year. I wanted to get one similar this year, since we went over last year on Saturday, Steve's mom already had her house decorated, so we will have to wait a week or two for a re-take.

2 comments:

ginmommy said...

My oh my, how things change in a year!! Aren't you glad it's gotten much easier!! Happy Turkey Day

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

he is so tiny!!!