Saturday, November 1, 2008

Then and Now

I said a few weeks ago that I would do a then and now post. Well here I am last year around Halloween. Please disregard the sweatshirt, I was 8 1/2 months pregnant nothing else fit. And seriously, who gives the pregnant lady the candy jar?Anyway.. last year I took off the two days after Halloween cause Steve had the days off from having to work the weekend before. We both enjoyed our 4 day weekend and took the time to get some last minute stuff done before Cooper arrived. This was the weekend I thought for sure I would go into labor. I left work early on Halloween because I was wasn't all the great and was starting to have some lower belly pains. Little graphic here, but you know the muscles you use to pee, well it hurt to use those to pee. I even called my doctor and since I wasn't having regular contractions they just told me to keep an eye on them and I was probably just preparing myself for labor and good news was my doctor was on call that weekend. Well I ended up going all weekend with pain but no baby. By Monday I felt a little better and it was back to work. Looking back this was probably the time he did drop and ended up in the weird position that resulted in the c-section. Little did I know I still almost 2 1/2 weeks left. It was still a fun time to look back on. Nothing can prepare you for the change that a child will bring to your life. Those last few weeks of excitement and anticipation will forever be in my mind. Of course the looks you receive when you go back into work for another day and people look at you and say "I see you're still here" can get a little old, but it does make for great memories.

3 comments:

Tracey said...

Ahhh, sweet preggo memories! Aren't they great? You are right...nothing can prepare you for that sweet baby. It's all worth it when they smile at you. :)

ginmommy said...

You were so cute preggars!! I love it that you said "who gives a pregnant lady a candy jar" Funny!!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

i feel your pain. you feel like you are going to go into labor any moment and you keep hanging on! it does get a little old hearing...you're still pregnant. i wanted to say, "no, i had him last night, i just love this place so much i didn't want to miss anything! ha ha!! people mean well, i hope! i just know now i am careful about what i say to someone that is pregnant!