Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Cooper!

One year ago today I was laying in a hospital bed, hooked up to what seemed like a thousand different monitors with a steady stream of pitocin shooting through an IV. I was patiently awaiting the arrival of my baby boy. I didn't know at the time but I still had 11 hours to go. It's funny how if you are the one in the waiting room it seems like forever, however if you are the one in labor the day flies by. I can only pray that my memory serves me well and I never forget one moment of that day.
Cooper, you have made the past year of my life more joyful than I could have ever imagined. From the very first "Put me back in scream" to the slobbery kisses I get today, not a minute goes by where my thoughts don't drift back to you. Although you were welcomed to this world one year ago today I will always remember March 11, 2007 as the day you entered my world once I looked down and saw two lines instead of one.
I love you! Now will you please wake up so we can have some pancakes?




2 comments: