We have had some unexpected happenings in the Lee household these past two weeks. Before I explain let me tell you this, if you were to drive past my house you would see this in my front yard. Totally came out of nowhere. We had planned on moving in about a year. Our house was perfect for us two and even when we had Cooper, throw in another child and we have grown way out of it. There are piles of toys everywhere. About two weeks ago I was looking at homes for sale and Steve suggested a neighborhood that his friend is looking into. At first I thought these would be way out of our price range until I came across one we both loved. Especially the kitchen!!! I called a friend who is realtor to set up a showing and in the meantime he got me in contact with someone so we could talk finances. Turns out the house would be doable if we wanted it. We went and looked at it and fell in love even more. It's new construction with tons of upgrades that I just didn't think we could find for this particular price. Steve also took his parents out there during the most recent open house and we also got their approval. We put in an offer and started out low and of course the builders rejected and came back with another price. Before we started going back and forth we were told they did not want to do a contract that would require us to sell first. We could sign a contract and extend closing by 90 days and if we don't sell we could still back out because financing wouldn't be there. Our realtor suggested we hold off and put our house up first and see if we start getting movement on it. Either way, if someone else came and put an offer on the house we like we would still lose it. The builder could still sell and we cannot buy unless we sell. This also gives us a little more room to bargain. If we sell in three months and the house is still vacant we may be able to bargain with the builder the more. That is three additional months it was sat. I'm hoping we don't sell and find out that house has sold and there isn't anything else we like enough to buy. This is our last move for a looooooong time, we have to love it. If you know anyone who is looking to buy a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, ranch house, no basement, about 1250 sq foot, Utica Elementary schools... send them my way.