Wednesday, March 23, 2011

ENT Appointment

We had Cameron's ENT appointment this morning. At first I was a little skeptical. His ears are fine now, of course he just finished antibiotics on Sunday, and all hearing tests came back okay. The doctor seemed a little hesitant to do tubes. He left the final decision to me. He said it doesn't appear to have the same problems as Cooper, but Cooper was over a year old too, we still have a lot of time. He says I know my child better than he does so I went ahead with the surgery. It's not for another two weeks so I am praying he doesn't get another infection between now and then. I am just so ready to get these cleaned up and get him sleeping good again. I feel terrible having him cry it out at night if his ears are hurting at all. He has had a round of antibiotics every month since before Christmas. We have seen a huge difference in behavior this week since he has been off the medicine, I think it makes his belly hurt.

We have his 6 month appointment tomorrow, stats to follow.

4 comments:

Jill said...

Mommies do know best. K got his tubes early and we have not had an ear infection since last July. Last year, I felt like I was at the doctor every other week. Totally worth it, I'd say! :)

ginmommy said...

Always need to go with mommy's gut feeling!! I'm really praying that this straightens everything out for you guys.

Tracey said...

I really hope this fixes his fussiness!!! Poor little fella. And poor Momma!!! Looking fwd to stats...

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

poor momma... but I'm glad you pushed for it... you know your kid. :-)