Monday, August 31, 2009

Happy 30th Birthday- 2 years late!

With the 30th birthday posts going around about Heather and me I thought I would go back two years and revisit Karen's 30th birthday. Sorry Karen, but I had to, it's a good topic and none of us had blogs back then. While Karen was in Africa saving the world back in the summer of 2007, Heather & I got together with Kristen (Karen's sister) and starting planning a little party. So it wasn't a little party, more like 70 people party, that's still little.. right? It is Karen, how can you not love her? Between the three of us we were able to contact friends from high school, college, work, family, etc. Some of the highlights were her family from Bowling Green and two college roommates from Cincinnati and Columbus, OH. We booked the party room at Tuckers restaurant in New Albany and all was set. Now it was up to Kristen to get her there. The plan was for Kristen to take her out to eat for her birthday, story goes that Kristen told her they needed to stop by Tuckers to give something to a co-worker. I don't think it could have went down better, somehow it managed to stay a surprise, at least I think it did. Karen isn't a good liar, sorry but you aren't, and she looked genuinely surprised. It was an awesome night and it couldn't have happened to a better person. Karen, I hope this night showed you what a beautiful person you are. You're an awesome friend and I'm so blessed our path crossed the way they did 8 years ago, thank you for your friendship and for knowing me so well that a quiet morning out of the house is the best birthday present I could ever ask for, even if it did end up with a ride in a police car :)
The big moment... I think it took her a few minutes to sink in.
Opening gifts




Awww... aren't they sweet. Jonathon had guard this weekend and made a special trip back up here just to be with Karen and her friends.

Karen and her college roomies Carrie and Nora.
The birthday girl and two pregnant chicks.








3 comments:

ginmommy said...

What a sweet post!!!! It's nice to have good friends like you who say such uplifting things!!!

Mrs. Wesely said...

You are being too good to me right now! You, Heather, and Kristen will never really know how special that night was for because I can't put it into words....and yes, I was SHOCKED....hard to do...but you did it! I believe when I am 100years old I will look back on that night and say that it was one of my favorite things in life!

Tracey said...

Ahhh, cute! I remember when you planned this. :) You are a good friend!! Love ya!