Thursday, August 13, 2009

Adventures with Mamaw & Papaw

I hosted Bunco at my house this past Tuesday and rather try and keep Cooper out late we decided he could spend the night at Steve's parents house. I think it is his 4th time and each time has done great, so I had no reason to worry, right? Well it was going on 9:00 and we hadn't heard from them yet, they always call to let us know he did okay going to sleep. A few minutes later I get a phone call and it's Steve mom, Cooper will not go to sleep, every time they try and put him in the pack n' play he screams. The first time they let him cry for a while and each time they put him back down he was half asleep but woke right up screaming. At this time I'm ready to go get him, but Steve encourages them to try again. He has probably only slept in the pack n play a total of about 5 times so I can see why he won't do it. They call back about 10 minutes and later and same story, but this time she laid him in her bed and he is fast sleep. Cooper has NEVER slept in our bed so I can't imagine he will do this all night. Sometimes he will wake up early, 5:30/6:00 call out a few times and go back to sleep. I think if he is in bed with someone and wakes up that early then he will think it's play time. So Steve tells them to try again, I of course want to go pick him up. They call back 10 minutes later and same thing, fast asleep until the pack n' play and he woke up screaming. He is now back asleep in her bed again. She lets us know it's okay, she will sleep with him and it's no use coming to get him when he will wake back up. By this time my stomach is in knots, it takes me until about 11:00 to calm down. They call the next morning and he did great, woke up at 5:00 gave her a kiss and went back to sleep till 10 till 7:00. I got up early and was there before 8:00 to pick him up. I have to admit it was pretty darn cute seeing him in his pajamas greeting me at the door. I tried to pack the car up but he got scared and started clinging to me crying for me not to leave. This never happens when Mamaw & Papaw are around, so that makes me feel like he missed me just a little. We have never been out of town with him and we want to go to the Children's Museum in Indy for his birthday, so I'm already planning on him sleeping in the bed with us. I have to admit I think I'm looking forward to that.

No comments: