Sunday, August 30, 2009

Doctor's Kit

The Doctor's Kit is now my new favorite must have toy. Cooper struggles each time we go to the doctor, he doesn't like people poking at him anyway but when it comes to check his ears, oh boy watch out. It doesn't help the fact that he has to have them checked all the time... well visits, sick visits, ENT follow up visit... it's exhausting each time I leave the office. At our last visit the pediatrician suggested we buy a doctor's kit so I got right on it. So far he has loved it, he plays with everyday and we take turns being the doctor. We look at his ears... Check his blood pressure and listen to his heart. It came with a few other things as well along with a pager that is too cute.
The real test came on Thursday... is this really helping? He had a fever on and off for 3 days so we took him in Thursday evening. He was an angel... he let the doctor listen to his chest, I held him and he just looked at her in the corner of his eye... like I've got my eye on you lady. Then came the ears, he sat on my lap and didn't fidget at all, he was great when she checked his throat and swabbed for strep. I was amazed. Good news as well, they didn't find anything wrong, ears look great and fever has went away. It must have been viral or maybe his teeth. But now I don't dread doctor visits.


2 comments:

Amy said...

Glad to hear things are OK. you might just have a future dr on hand. :)

Hers and His said...

That's great! I have a feeling Lincoln's going to be one of those kids screaming in terror at the nurse. Oh, how I look forward to that. :)