Wednesday, March 11, 2009

March 11, 2007

Two years ago today started off just like any other Sunday. Got up, went to church, probably napped, went to Kohl's with my mom, got a new pair of tennis shoes, went to Jazzercise, had salads for dinner, you get the pictures. You are probably wondering why in the world I remember all this crazy stuff. Well that particular evening when I got home from Jazzercise I decided to make a trip to Walgreen's, I had planned on going later in the week but I couldn't wait any longer. About a half hour later I was staring down at two little pink lines that would change my life as I know it. I remember like it was yesterday, the instructions said 2-3 minutes, more like 15 seconds. I hadn't even had time to wash my hands before I saw the positive results. I kept going back into the garbage can every hour or so to make sure it still read positive. That week we had small group and the plan was to wait a few weeks before we said anything, once again I couldn't wait. I'm not very good at keeping secrets or surprises. Here I am 2 years later with the most beautiful little boy I could imagine. Cooper- your smile brightens my life. I thank God every day for the miracle he has blessed me with. It is such a joy watching you grow each and every day. I pray you will grow to be a believer in God and walk in the truth each day. I LOVE YOU!!!!

5 comments:

ginmommy said...

That's neat you have such a vivid memory. Nothing like finding out your pregnant!!

melanie said...

You have such a strong memory. I envy you. Of course you are younger. : )

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

so cute! i still have my pregnancy tests....gross, i know!! :)

The Crain Gang said...

That is the same day that I found out that I was pregnant with Brayden, and had I not been induced 2 weeks early they would be even closer in age. Crazy!

Jami said...

Alicia- You may have been the last non-family member I talked to before I got the results. I can't remember who taught that day but it was back when you did almost every Sunday.

Beth- that is crazy! I actually went 8 days late, my due date must have been before yours.