Monday, December 31, 2012

Finishing out 2012

Our last week of 2012 has been low key.  I went from Monday-Sunday without even driving my car.  I guess with no down time between the our regular schedule and Christmas I got lazy.  Plus I saved a weeks worth of gas.
 
Since Steve had to work Christmas Eve he got to take the day after Christmas off.  I actually like that better.  We spent most of the day cleaning and playing with new toys.  I was hoping for a snow storm but it was a major bust.  After naps we decided we needed to get out of the house.  The boys and I hadn't left in two days.  We stopped by Best Buy and Target then I remembered it was Wednesday and kids eat free at Moe's.  It was a no brainer after that.  Cooper can throw down some queso.
 
 I don't even know where to begin on what we did Thursday or Friday.  I guess we just played.  By the time I went to bed Friday night I got my wish of some snow.  We wasted no time Saturday morning after breakfast to get outside and play.  I didn't take my camera out, I was afraid of getting it wet.  We played, made snow angels, and built this fine piece of art.  Cameron loved it.  It hasn't snowed since he was an infant.  He could have stayed outside all day. 
 
My mom has been coming with us to church so she took the boys & I out to lunch on Sunday.  We went to Texas Roadhouse then let the kids play at the playground for a bit.  Cooper talked my mom into letting him jump on the trampoline and bungee they have down by the front entrance.  Of course Cameron wanted his turn.  He met the weight requirement but was really too small.  He couldn't get going at all.  But by golly he was adorable!

 I texted Tracey on Sunday to see if they had NYE plans, they were planning on a boring night like us so a plan was born.  They came over with kids in tow tonight so we could party on until 8:00! 
 Our menu consisted of wings, sausage balls, queso & chips, and cake balls.  I bought some carrots & celery to dip in the queso and had every intention of using them, but they never made it out of the fridge. At least I have healthy food for tomorrow.
 Maggie came up to me to kiss her finger so I thought I would steal a quick picture.  She is just too stinkin' adorable!
 We tried to wrangle the kids in for a group picture, this was my first attempt.
 Then Levi took control and put everyone in place.
 
The basement playtime was short lived once Cooper fell into Levi and bit his lip.  Once it stopped bleeding he has all good and ready to play Kinect.  Steve, Cooper, Eric & Levi all played Wipeout.  We got it for Cooper for Christmas.  This game is awesome.  The first time I played it I was sore the next day.  Cooper has beat me every single time but once. 
 
Does anyone have any resolutions they would like to share?  Steve got me a Once a Day Bible.  It has readings each day from the Old Testament, New Testament, and either Psalms or Proverbs.  It's spread out so you read the entire Bible in one year.  I plan to do this in 2013.   Our church has also challenged us to read one chapter from Proverbs each day in January.  31 chapters in 31 days, and to use social media to share a verse.  I plan to do that as well.  Other than that I don't have any set plans.  Maybe not to hold back as much, be more encouraging. 
Hope everyone has a safe & happy New Year.  Here's to many blessings in 2013.

3 comments:

ginmommy said...

I'm glad you guys could get together and party hard till 8! WILD.

Susie said...

Happy New Year!!

Tracey said...

Cute, cute pics!!! We had a great time with you guys. :)