Monday, September 19, 2011

School Update

School is going great! So far Cooper loves it. This was last Thursday on blue day. I love when he randomly starts talking about school friends. This week they are doing spotlighting; each student will take turns and tell the class something about themselves, using a microphone!!!!

Speech is going great too. Tuesdays fly by, we go from preschool straight to speech. I can already tell I am going to enjoy Jonathan Jennings. Not that there is was anything wrong with Utica, I just feel more comfortable at JJ. I feel the speech therapist treats him more like a preschooler and not a grade school student. I also like her techniques. Cooper backs his sounds, his d's come out as g's, his t's come out as k's. At Utica she would have him stick out his tongue which to me seemed like it was creating a whole other problem. At JJ she tried to get him stick his tongue at the roof of his mouth. She suggested we put peanut butter up there for him. One huge thing is the library next door. It gives Cameron and I something to do while he is with the therapist. I checked out three books last week, it may get me reading again.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Jami, he looks SO BIG in that pic! So glad it is all going so well. I have heard wonderful things about JJ! :)

Jaime Mac said...

YAY! So glad it's going well!

ginmommy said...

WHat a relief he likes school!! One less thing to have to worry about :)