Friday, October 23, 2009

Tot Time

After forgetting to sign up for the summer session I finally remembered and enrolled Cooper in the fall Tot Time at the Sellersburg Library. Thursdays have always been our "boring" day but now we have something to look forward to. I knew the first class Cooper would be reserved and not let go of me, but after three sessions he is starting to break out of his shell a little. This week when it was time to hand back in their supplies after craft time he walked up by himself and handed everything back to the Liberian. It was so sweet, he turned around and gave me the biggest smile like he was so proud of himself. I know most mothers wouldn't think this isn't a big deal but for my child it is. I wish people could see the "at home in his own element" Cooper. He is such a fun loving, energetic, playful kiddo. You get him around strangers he clams up. Hmmm, wonder where he gets it from? And I've actually come a long way in recent years. So I had a proud mommy moment on Thursday. I'm excited to see what next week brings.

No comments: