Saturday, October 24, 2009

As Promised

I took some pictures of my project this week. The blanket didn't turn our perfect but not bad either. Some of my ties are a little uneven, you are supposed to cut four inches into the fabric and on one side I cut almost six. It's for a two year old, I don't think he will notice. If you want step by step instructions you can click here. I will give a condensed version below.

I started out with about a yard & a half piece of fleece in the George pattern and solid red. I cut some off both pieces in order to make them the same size, although I can't cut a straight line so it wasn't exact. Next I cut out the corners, 4 x 4 inches on each corner of the blanket.

Then I started cutting into the blanket for my ties, 4 inches up and 1 inch wide.
Then I made double tie on every other fringe.
Flipped the blanket over and tied the remaining fringes.

About an hour and 15 minutes later it was all finished, just in time to take a picture and get Cooper up from his nap.


I rushed myself a little because I didn't want to stop until I finished and I only had a limited amount of time to work on it, if I ever do another one I will try and take my time and be more precise. I'm pleased with the outcome and can't wait to give it to Cooper.



5 comments:

Melissa said...

Looks awesome, Jami. I love those fleece blankets!

ginmommy said...

Well hey there Martha, ehem, I mean Jami...great job!!!! That's very cute.

Tracey said...

Really cute! I hope Cooper liked it!!!

Jill said...

I'm glad I checked out your blog. My blog roll is not updating it on my blog. :-(
Wow! Like the blanket.

Susie said...

Cute blanket.