Saturday, October 17, 2009

Birthdays and more birthdays!

Today was a birthday party day for us. First up was Carter's birthday party (Jess's, one of the Jazzercise instructors, youngest son) followed by by niece Hailey's birthday party. Fun times!

First up, Carter. Jess chose Gymboree Play & Music, which was awesome! What I like about this better than Chuck E Cheese or The Fun House is that it is closed to the pubic during the party. The party was an hour and a half, the first half taking place in the play room and the second half in the party room for cake & ice cream and gifts. It's a good place to kids to get out some energy, especially when every child there was a boy except for one. I was proud of my timid little guy who actually got out there and played. Once I got home I realized I didn't get a picture of the birthday boy but I did manage to grab a quick one of the two big brothers. Here's my little guy (and Aaron, I think) doing some fancy climbing.
Come on Coop, you can do it.

Look at that sweet face.


Who doesn't like chocolate cake for dinner?


Next it was off to Hailey's birthday party. I didn't get my camera out, there wasn't much going on but a bunch of 10 year old girls dancing. I do want to reflect a moment though, Hailey was the first grandchild in our family and the first time I ever waited at the hospital all night for a birth. My poor sister had been having contractions, but not active labor, for almost two days before the hospital finally decided to keep her with plans on inducing the next morning. Around 11:30 pm that evening we got a knock on the door from my aunt letting us know that Carmen's water had broke and she was on the way to the hospital. You may ask why she just didn't call? Well she did, but you have to remember this was 1999 back when we had dial-up internet and what else does a 20 year old do besides stay on the internet IM'ing friend's all night? Anyway, she tried to call but kept getting a busy signal. I woke my mom up and off we went to the hospital. Hailey Michelle arrived sometime after 4:00 am and I still remember her father's face when he came to the waiting room to tell us all about it. She was such a sweet pretty little baby. It's so amazing it's been 10 years! Happy Birthday Hailey!





2 comments:

Tracey said...

Hilarious...dial up internet! Our kids will be like "what the heck??" :) Glad you had a fun day of birthdays!

ginmommy said...

Love Cooper shoving a pierce of cake in his mouth :)