Thursday, June 11, 2009

Snuggling

If you see my son doing this, you know something is wrong.
It all started Wednesday after his nap. He woke up and he felt warm, well no warm but hot. I took off his shirt and gave it a few minutes waiting to see if he would cool down. After about 10 minutes he still felt warm so I gave him some Tylenol and within about 15 more minutes he felt much better. He played for a while, ate dinner and seemed to be himself. Then around 6:00 he started feeling warm again and it looked like he getting chills. This is when the cuddling session started. Steve ran out to get some Motrin, gave him some of that and by the time 8:00 rolled around he was normal and playing again. He slept good all night, woke up this morning and felt hot again. I did my best to get a good reading but he was very wiggly, it came out to 101.6. I gave him some more Motrin and called the doctor. Of course by the time we got there at 10:30 the fever was gone so here I go again looking like an over reactive mother. As soon as our doctor walked in he buried his head in my shoulder and started crying. He knew an ear check was coming. As it turns out his left ear is infected and he has a viral infection causing blisters in the back of his mouth and throat. She swabbed him for strep but that came back negative. Now we just have to let it run it's course with Tylenol and Motrin for fever and pain and drops for his ears. I hate it that he feels bad but I love snuggle time.
Here he is before we left this morning, obviously the Motrin was working well.




4 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

silly boy!! get well soon!!

Hers and His said...

Poor guy! Hope he feels better soon.

Jenny said...

Jami- Emmy had a similar thing a couple of weeks ago. THe doctor told us we could swab Maalox on the mouth sores with a Q-tip to help the pain of them. That was the worst part for her, especially after they popped, she didn't want to eat a lot without the Maalox on them.

Amy said...

Poor Cooper! I hope he gets to feeling better soon.