Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Random Thoughts

Nothing new has been going on in the Lee household so I thought I would post a few random items. Two weeks ago I was browsing the computer and found a house for sale in a neighborhood that Steve & I both love. It's called Lincoln Heights, it's in Clarksville and we have always admired the homes there. It's an older neighborhood so it can be hit and miss with the houses. This particular one however was beautiful inside and out, oh and it was built in 1936. We hadn't planned on moving for another 2-3 years but we went ahead and scheduled a time to go look at it. That morning I got a call from the realtor and found out the house had sold. No big deal, it just wasn't meant to be, although it is still showing as pending on the website so who knows, maybe it won't go through. This got me thinking, we need to be prepared just in case the right home for us does become available. We have now cancelled a few home projects, we were going to get a shed for storage but are putting that off unless we absolutely need it. Let me back up, we moved into our current house 3 1/2 years ago with the plan to stay 3-4 years. Then last year I quit my job to stay at home and we entered into a building project at church so the plan to move was pushed back another 3-4 years. We are quickly running out of room, especially if we ever want to have another child, thus the need for a storage shed. So here we are now, I am going into crack down mode. I've casually started looking at homes and will only pursue if the "perfect" home is available. I'm so much more critical this time around because it will most likely be our home for many many years. So this means no shed and no extra spending. Even though I did just buy Cooper a lawn-mo-mo-mower (see below post). Good thing those Colts tickets are already bought and paid for. I don't think I've blogged about that yet, we got Colts tickets for our anniversary gift. It's the for the first home game of the season against Jacksonville, super excited!!!!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

YAY COLTS!!!!! And happy house hunting!!!