Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!!!

We decided to celebrate Father's Day on Saturday morning as opposed to Sunday. Sunday's are such a rush to get to church and I wanted to Steve to be able to enjoy his morning. By luck Cooper slept in so I was able to get up and prep the Monkey Bread and get it in the oven before he woke up. Usually Cooper wakes us up on weekends, and Steve got to sleep in a little extra as well. After Cooper gave Steve a big Happy Daddy Day hug I went back into the kitchen to finish working on something and out come my soon looking like this....
While the monkey bread was cooking we gave Steve his presents, he got a Jay Cutler jersey (Chicago Bears new quarterback) and two framed pictures of Cooper. I got his pictures taken as as surprise for Steve and his dad wearing an IU shirt and one of Steve's hats. They were too precious.



After presents Steve's parents came over and breakfast with us. We also gave his dad his present since half of it was the same as Steve's. Afterwards we took Cooper to the mall to play, he is so cute, he can climb up the stairs of the tree slide but won't slide down by himself. After lunch he took an awesome three hour nap. Steve's parents watched him that night, it was girls night for me and Steve had tickets to the Bats game and went with some guys from work. Today we had lunch with parents at Texas Roadhouse followed by another three hour nap. I took full advantage of today's nap, the girls kept me out way too late last night.
Here are my two favorite guys....

Thank you Steve for being such an awesome father and husband. I love watching you interact with Cooper and how much you love him. My favorite time of day is watching Cooper's face when you get home, I think it's his favorite time as well. Happy Father's Day, Love you!!!



No comments: