Monday, January 12, 2009

Sunday and a New Game

If I had to describe a perfect Sunday that did not involve being in Walt Disney World, then this past Sunday would be it. We started off with church, my alarm clock woke me up, not Cooper. That is always a good day. He's been sleeping in till around 7 or 7:15 lately, it's awesome! I did not get called back to the nursery, another miracle! He was a little fussy when I picked him, they said he did great the entire service until the end, by that time it was so close to being over they just dealt with. I was proud of him. That makes two Sunday's in a row. It would so be easy to quit going until he gets older or keep him in the service with us, but I know that is not what God wants me to do. It sometimes is still a little hard for me to give it my 110% attention because I am nervous and just waiting for my number to pop up, but I'm going to keep on trying.

We get home and for the second time this week we were able to keep Cooper up until after lunch. He has taken only 1 nap quite a few times, but if that one nap is before lunch then we are in for a rough evening. Yesterday was great, he made it until after 12 then took a good nap, well we all took a good nap. Before I had Cooper I would take naps every Sunday, sometimes for 2-3 hours. Then I wondered why I couldn't sleep Sunday night??? After nap time we decided to go to Sam's. I needed some paper towels and Cooper needed some chicken nuggets, his 3-4 times a week lunch. As I was feeding Cooper a sample of fudge bars they were handing out, Steve was sneaking individual size Blue Bell ice cream cups for him and Cooper. I wonder who spoils him more? After we got home Steve decided to make dinner, his usual staple of pancakes. I can't complain, they are delicious. After dinner was when things took an unusual turn. Cooper found a new game, you can see pictures below. It involved paper towel rolls, sorry some of them are a little blurry, they were action shots. We ended the night with the premiere of 24, who doesn't love Jack Bauer?


I couldn't get more than 2 or 3 stacked before he wanted to knock them over.

















4 comments:

ginmommy said...

Cute pics. Glad you had a great Sunday!

Hers and His said...

Sounds like you all had a fun day!I know what you mean about Sunday napping. I love taking naps! I used to only take naps on Sundays, but then I got pregnant! ha!

Tracey said...

Very cute! Sounds like a fun day. Isn't it funny that kids don't really need toys?

melanie said...

What fun parents. You guys are so good with Cooper.