Wednesday, August 29, 2012

More randomness

With one more week till school starts I went to orientation last night.  Since Cooper is a returning student I really didn't need to go, I just wanted to get the calendar.  He has three parties and two field trips this year, and I can't wait.  I love those things.  I don't want to be that obnoxious mom that has to do everything but I don't want to miss it either.  Last year I helped plan the Valentine's party, I got lucky this year and was able to get Christmas.  So much easier.   With a visit from Santa and a gift exchange, there isn't much time to work with. 
 
We have been enjoying another low key week.  Turns out this is a huge blessing.  I got a call from the speech therapist and we weren't about to get a time worked out to go the same day as preschool.  We now have a set appointment and time we have to be somewhere everyday!  I'm trying not to be down about this, I stay home so I am blessed I can provide that transportation for him without having to worry about someone else doing it for me.  Our speech appointment isn't until after lunch so we will still have time for a morning play date if we want.  Not entirely bad.
 
We played outside for a bit this morning.   A strange quirk about my husband, he hates sidewalk chalk.  Despises it!  I figured with all the rain coming this weekend it would be alright to bring it out. 
 

 
You know those poses that are going around that makes it look like your kid is flying?  I tired it out, turns out not so great.  Especially when my child looks so stiff and scared.  Oh, and a fire pit in the background.  HA!
 


3 comments:

Jaime Mac said...

I'm glad you were able to work out a schedule with the speech therapist!

Is Cooper excited to go back to school?!

Tracey said...

Ha! That's a funny pic of Cooper -- he does look scared. ;)

ginmommy said...

That picture of Cooper is hilarious!!!