Thursday, August 2, 2012

A Lesson in country livin'

We went with my mom this morning to spend the day with my aunt, cousin, and her kids.  My aunt lives in Ramsey, it's not exactly country, but country for us city folk.  The boys just had a blast.  It took no time to go check out and feed the chickens.

 Cooper seemed in awe, you know cause we don't have animals here in Charlestown.

 Next up was a ride on the John Deere gator, later on Cooper would get a ride on the 4-wheeler.

 We took a ride around the garden, my aunt grows just about everything.  Even grapes, they were pretty yummy!
 Cooper even got to drive.


Since she grows just about everything in the garden we had fresh corn on the cob and a tomato, onion, and green peppers salad.  She even gave me a dozen fresh eggs to take home.  I can't wait to make them tomorrow for breakfast. 

Days like this make me wanna move to the country and get some chickens of my own, then I come to my senses.  It was a great day, we are already talking about a trip in the fall.

4 comments:

Jaime Mac said...

I almost had a heart attack when you said sometimes you wanna live in the country. I'm glad you quickly recanted. That's just crazy talk!

Glad you made it out here (I say here bc Ramsey is like 10 min from me!) though...it's good for you soul sometimes! ;)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

I'd call Ramsey country. That's out in my stompin' grounds! That life does seem appealing for a second! Then, you realize you have to drive 30 minutes to get ANYWHERE! No thanks! Glad you had a good visit though!

ginmommy said...

I agree. Those things are fun for a visit, but the driving would get old in a nano second! Glad you had a good time!

melanie said...

loved your post. fun country. i don't have any animals but i still have to drive 30 min for more that just corydon walmart. we love it here though. eggs sound yummy