Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A visit with wild animals

Yesterday we loaded up and headed over for our first trip of the season to the zoo. Gretchen suggested it a few weeks back. When the plan was first put into motion it was darn near 90 degrees outside. I pictured cute shorts a top and flip flops, it was darn near 30 yesterday morning. At least we weren't blazing hot. I met the girls, Tracey and Gretchen, around 10:30 and Brittany met up with us shortly after. She drove all the way up here to spend the day. How awesome! 4 girls and 8 kiddos makes for one crazy lunch.
Hope was hiding behind the thermos container, she was sweet enough to give me a good close up. We started the zoo towards the right, we all almost always go left. We started right because it was cold and I suggested it stay indoors for a bit. Of course that meant it was after lunch before the kids could see any of the fun animals, well for kids anyway. Wouldn't you know it the tiger was no where to be found. Have no fear, there was a hill close by for running and rolling.There was also a tree perfect for making the kids pose. We did this several times during the day.This makes me smile. I almost got a sitter for Cameron. He is not a fan of the being in the stroller for any length of time. He walked at least half the zoo. He did great! I'm glad I brought him, it's not often the four of us will be able to get all our kids together. I also need to let go and be less up tight. I'm working on it.Whenever Cameron walked, I brought up the back of our pack. Gretchen was kind enough to help push my stroller. We had three strollers and a wagon. They may have been empty longer than full.
I do love it that Cameron was all about making his way up to the fence to see the animals. I'm pretty sure he would take on any big kid that got in his way.At one point we were stopped, Cameron sat down and laid his head on the ground. It was almost 2:00, I don't blame him, I was tired too.I think this is a great picture of all 8 kids. Us 4 girls were hollering trying to get the kids to look and smile. I think everyone at the zoo could hear us.Tracey invited us all back to her house hang out afterwards. I almost went home to put Cameron down for a nap, I changed my mind at the last minute. As much as I would have loved to have a house of two sleeping children...
you can't really put a price on hanging out with friends. So, I let it go, and Cameron had a short nap. The world was still turning, last I checked.
It was really a fantastic day, with fantastic friends.

6 comments:

Susie said...

Sounds like a fun outing with friends!!

ginmommy said...

You did great! And so glad you brought Cameron, he was a little trooper! Such a fun day!! Such a fun week!!

Tracey said...

YOU DID GREAT!! And, both babies did good for only getting cat naps. :) It was a great day...so much fun! I see lots more little day trips in the near future!

Jaime Mac said...

Looks like a fun day. If you enjoy having all those kiddos to keep track of! :). Makes me nervous just thinking about it! Glad Cameron was able to enjoy himself!

Terry, Leslie, Noah, Allie, Laynie & Gracie said...

Fun! We love the zoo!!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

I loved reading about this day!!! SO FUN!!!!