Friday, April 17, 2009

Television Detox

We have started something new in our house, it's called television detox. We came to the realization this week that Cooper watches way entirely too much television. He will ask for something in particular; act like a monkey when he wants to watch Curious George, bark like a dog for Clifford, or snort like a pig for Super Why. He never pays attention to the whole show, he gets bored with it easily and wants another show. So we have hid the remotes and have not had the tv on in his presence since sometime on Tuesday. It has made a HUGE difference. He is entertaining himself better, not quite as fussy, and easier to calm down when he starts to get too out of control. The down side is I have to take my shower early in the morning when Steve gets up or in the evening. I always turned on PBS in our bedroom when I needed to take a shower. Today was also the first time this week we didn't watch Baby Einstein before nap, we have been out around nap time and he has fallen asleep in the car. It always relaxed him, so I probably will add that back in a few days. Wish me luck for tomorrow, Steve is going to Bloomington and it's me and Cooper all day and part of the evening. Thankfully it's going to be nice.

1 comment:

ginmommy said...

When Pierce was around Coopers age I had to do the same thing. He and I BOTH were watching way too much t.v. It was hard to break, but i think it's for the best.... even tho now I let Pierce and Hope watch too much, i need to go through the same detox again!!