Wednesday, April 29, 2009

17 1/2 Months

I made it 17 1/2 months but I knew the time was coming, this morning was it. It started off like any other morning, Cooper was in a great mood. I gave him a few bites of a donut, we read a few books before his "real" breakfast, everything going smoothly. I walked into the kitchen to get something and he looked at me with this weird look on face, he started coughing and kind of crying out for me. He walked into the kitchen, I picked him up, and that's when it happened. I have officially been thrown up on. Not the most pleasant experience I might add. Cooper got scared at first and cried for a little bit but I got us both cleaned, and the kitchen floor, and he was back to normal. I was supposed to go to Jazzercise but I called my partner and cancelled. Luckily she could make it, she had called me yesterday to let me know she wouldn't be there because she can't work out due to a sore foot. But she could get up and get out and walk so I owe her big time. I didn't really know what to do next, this could just be a one time thing, I didn't know. So I took away his milk, replaced it with water and gave him a few Cheerios. About 10 minutes later he gets the same look and the same type of cry, so pick him up run to the bathroom and we have round 2. I called Steve and he had his mom bring over some Pedialyte, he almost got sick one more time but I don't think there was anything left. Steve took a long lunch and came home for a while. We got all the messy clothes washed, sheets and blankets washed and the best news, Cooper was able to keep down some toast and bananas for lunch. I just put him down for a nap and I am praying this is all over. I plan on keeping with the BRAT (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast) diet until at least tomorrow morning. The other good news is that is does not have a fever. Oh and since we visited Melanie, Corbin, and Addie yesterday I called to warn her. I'm praying the Murphy's stay healthy as well. It's been a fun one so far!!!

Here's my baby eating his toast. He is probably thinking it's the greatest day ever, Mamaw comes over, Daddy comes home for lunch, I get my pacifier all day, and I get to run around in just a diaper. Life is great!!!!!
Here is our play area in the living room. And the path to the bathroom.












3 comments:

Hers and His said...

Poor guy! I hope he gets to feeling better soon!

The path of towels is great ...

ginmommy said...

Towels are a good idea!! I hope he's all better now!!

Dawn Jenkins said...

I feel for you. We had the same battle a few months ago. The BRATS works, but could take a while, so don't get discouraged. Prayers for little Cooper.