Sunday, February 8, 2009

New Things

I feel as if I have really slowed down my blogging lately. I could blame it on the blah of January & February but there really isn't an excuse. I'm also finding it harder to blog while Cooper is awake and that leaves nap time but I've been extremely lazy during nap time myself. I blame that too on January & February, they are just blah months. I'm also finding it harder to take pictures since Cooper wont sit still and instead tries to get the camera out of my hands. So I thought I would take this time to blog about some new & cute things he has been doing.

-we finally have a walker. All it took was for him to learn to stand without holding on to anything and now he is all over the house. I think he walks around just to walk.

-now that he is walking he will walk back to his room and get toys and books off his shelf. If he needs help he will walk back to where we are and sign for help and turn back around and expect us to follow. It's too cute.

-my favorite thing to do is watch him play by himself and figure out what is going on in his head. He has Fisher Price door frame where on side are things you would find inside a house and the other side are things you found outside, like a doorbell. If you have children and have been down any toy aisle you probably know what I'm talking about. Anyway, on the side is a rain spout that came with three balls you drop down and it will play music. He likes to find anything he can to drop down the spout, the balls, little people animals, I found his pacifier one day, and yesterday he tried to fit his shoe in there.

-he's getting a little better at saying words. Of all things he will try to imitate our sounds when we say chicken and Gretchen.

-he is becoming a huge Papaw's boy. Steve's mom came over the other day, he walked right past her out of the kitchen into the laundry room and waited by the door to the garage for papaw to come in. When papaw is around no one else exists, including me.

That is about all I can think of right now. I plan to get back on board with blogging soon, I just need to get motivated.

1 comment:

ginmommy said...

Well you know I love it that he tries to say my name!! I'm usually one of the last that ever gets said. Cute. Can't wait to get together this week.